"Governments and international agencies urgently need to boost ecological farming techniques to increase food production and save the climate,” said UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food, Olivier De Schutter.
This project will produce a publication and web resource which will aid the Co-operative and others in understanding and promoting ecological agriculture within the UK. We will:
• Establish the current state of ecological farming in the UK, providing a single point of information on who is doing what and where, what acreages, to what markets, etc.
• Establish the current state of research and development in ecological agriculture, providing an overview of what is being assessed, by whom and the depth / extent of the study.
• Provide a database of colleges and training providers in the sector, including apprenticeship schemes
• We will use this research to:
- Strengthen our campaign work
- Identify opportunities for collaboration in research and development
- Support existing and aspiring ecological farmers in accessing training and research
- Support researchers in accessing farmers for field research and extension